Saturday 3 October 2015

Long casts and fine fish

I've had a number of very enjoyable trips since I last posted on here but have failed to write them up, resolution for next year is to keep up with blog posts. This week I've been on holiday and in between doing some DIY I've had a couple of days out on some non club waters. One a bit further afield with Ben and another closer to home on my own for just a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. On both trips I've been fortunate to catch some lovely fish.





This one came on the trip with Ben. A new river for me and being gin clear quite a tricky one to fish requiring a long line to avoid spooking the fish. This one was caught on a nymph on a duo rig at the limit of one such long cast. Fortunately I managed to keep the fish under control despite it going into the bankside undercut and giving me the run around in the very shallow water. We both caught a good number of fish mainly to nymphs on the duo. Ben had quite a few to the klink too but they didn't fancy mine for some reason.

Nice fish for Ben from the same pool


This second fish was caught one cast after a nice dace and about 2 feet upstream and measured 16". A very long roll cast was needed due to the tree canopy and overhanging vegetation. Both these fish and 4 other trout were all caught on a size 20 black klink in a two hour session.



A very welcome distraction from DIY and I'm very much enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. Out again tomorrow, kick sampling first thing followed by a work party on the club water and then fishing with Eliot in the afternoon. Back to work and dreaming of more fishing on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment